Sunday, May 20, 2007

Finished Object: Blaze


The Specs:
Pattern: Blaze, from Knitty. I made the body a little longer, as with the sleeves. I have a long torso and long arms and hate having to tug sleeves down a lot.
Yarn: KnitPick's Andean Treasure, 100% Baby Alpalca. YUM!
Colors: Fog, a really nice grey.
Needles: Susan Bates US size 5 circ for hem and neckline, Boye US size 6 circ for body and yoke, 5" wooden DPNs in US sizes 5 and 6 for the hems of the sleeves and the rest of the sleeves.
Start to Finish: Beginning of January 2007 to Monday, May 14th, 2007. I actually finished the knitting long before - the end of April, but as I blogged before, the neck line needed a little help and it took me a while to figure out what, exactly, to do about that.
For: Me!
Notes: I love this yarn, very soft and smooth and not overly itchy. I'll probably wear a tanktop underneat because that's what I always do with my sweaters, just in case I get way too warm. I hate 5" DPNs - they stab me in the palm of the hand with every stitch, no matter HOW I try to knit. But I'm super happy with the results.

Trying to take pictures of yourself can get ... interesting:

Or you end up with shots like this:


And the neckline, once I strung a pice of "elastic line" that is NOT AT ALL ELASTIC through it:
(Michael's didn't have any elastic thread ANYWHERE.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful sweater. I hope the cool weather holds so you can wear it a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete