The Specs:
Pattern: None
Yarn: See Jayne Knit Superwash Merino Nylon Sock (4 Ply)
Color: Freedom to Be
Amount: 314.8 yards, 68 grams, 0.68 skeins
Size: women's 8.5
For: ME
Needles: US 1 - 2.25mm, magic loop
Start to Finish: 26 June 2020 to 30 June 2020
Notes: Man, where to even START?
This colorway is meant to celebrate Pride and Ravelry and the freedom to be whomever you are. Supposedly a freedom supported by Rav.
However.
The new design (NuRav) was released June 16th and it quickly became evident that what I though Rav stood for and meant .. is NOT what TPTB at Rav actually stand for and mean. Oh, sure, they do some great lip service and say all the right things. But when it came to actually Doing The Things, they have failed. So hard.
I know I am not the first person to post about this. I won't be the last. I am not alone in my anger and I am not the only one tilting at windmills by sending emails and bug reports and asking them to actually change the parts of the design that are actively hurting people.
But the excitement that I started this project with - I wound the yarn in the beginning on June - was completely gone by the time I cast on. They are a memory of what I though Ravelry stood for, that it is now clear wasn't ever actually true and honest.
But the yarn is awesome and I love the rainbows. I did my standard star toe, starting with 6 stitches, increasing to the left for one sock and the right for the other. Increased to 66 stitches, then did a twinned short row heel. 14 rounds of k2p1 ribbing before JSSBO.
I am in awe of how quickly I was able to knit these - 5 days! for a whole pair of socks! But I also wasn't on Rav as much because of the whole disaster that they are now.







No comments:
Post a Comment