The Specs:
Pattern: none
Yarn: Must Stash Yarn & Fiber Perfect Sock Self Striping
Color: Vespa
Amount: 382 yards, 83 grams, 0.83 of a skein
Size: men's 10.5
For: the Weirder Half
Needles: US 1 - 2.25m, magic loop
Start to Finish: 07 August 2020 - 21 August 2020
Notes: Standard star toe with increases to the right of the start of the round on the first sock. Increase to 66 stitches, continue in stockinette. Toe started at the start of the paler orange color, last increases occurred a few rows into the yellow.
Knit to the orange color that the toe started with, then knit one plain round before starting k1p1 ribbing. Knit orange and yellow in ribbing, then tried JSSBO for the bind off just as the color changed to green. First tried Tubular kitchener, but it wasn't stretchy enough.
Weirder Half confirms it fits.
I always struggle with self-stripping sock yarn like this, because the heel is always going to throw off the stripping pattern. Of course, in shoes, you'll never see it... but I will know.
I had so much fun watching the color changes in both the sock as I knit and the ball of yarn.
This ended up being item number 20 of my attempt to knit 20 projects in 2020. Some items were kinda small (baby booties for friends), so I might keep going, but it was fun to have a challenge. I've not posted some of the items because they are to be GiftMoose gifts and I don't want to give anything away just yet.






No comments:
Post a Comment