I have been slowly plugging away on a fire truck scarf. I am not enjoying the process, so I have to force myself to work on it. It is the last of the Required GiftMoose presents, so I want it DONE. I want to mail most of my GiftMoose presents back to friends and family in the states in the next week or so, which gives me a dead line.
Fire truck scarf is knit flat, garter stitch. Color changes to denote the cab vs the rest of the truck, and small strips of white for the rungs of the ladder.
I think, if I ever knit a fire truck scarf again, I will knit a stockinette tube. As written, the pattern has a VERY clear wrong side and right side and that bothers me because it is a scarf. A fire truck scarf, so most likely for children. Which means the wrong side is going to be seen just as often as the right side.
I have figured out how to manage the ladder for both sides, but the color change for the cab is bothering me. It is two rows of grey in a sea of red and looks great on the one side, because that ridge of garter is grey. Not so nice on the other side. I might do an icord tube and sew it in place.
I am about 75% done the ladder. So close. And yet...
I also started a sock for a friend a few weeks ago and then got measurements and realized the sock would not fit the intended foot for said foot is giant. So the sock has been in timeout while I brain and math and accept that I will have to frog.
Today was a Good News Day and that seemed to require happy knitting, not a project I resentfully peck away at, so happy rainbow socks came back out of time out.
I measured our Soda Stream bottles and they are about an inch shy of the intended's foot, so I figure if I can get the sock on the water bottle and get about an inch of stretch, they ought to fit. Since the feet are across an ocean, I don't want to knit two socks and then have to start all over. I also don't want to knit one and ship it over and then have them ship it back so I can make sure they match perfectly.



No comments:
Post a Comment