... if you don't bother to make one in the first place?
Let's talk knitting goals, shall we? (Or rather, let me write them down so I have a fighting chance at figuring out what the knitting plan was supposed to be, the better to ignore it.)
First up, GiftMoose. I have one firetruck scarf for an 7/8 year old, one Paw Patrol sweater for a toddler, and one Star Wars hat for a nearish to 9 year old. T
he firetruck scarf is going wellish. Icord for the sides of the ladder and I figured out how to attach them so that both sides of the firetruck have a ladder without showing signs of sewing stuff on. I need to figure out how to do the rungs. I fear a lot of seaming in my future. The wheels and cab window should be easy enough to do, even if fiddly.
I think, ideally, the firetruck scarf should be knit in the round. Garter is squishy and nice, but double layer is also nice and warm and easier to make things line up. Having a nice, neat color change on one side of garter stitch means the other side is less pretty and I am not so pleased with that.
The Star Wars hat will be fingering weight yarn and three colors, but I think it will go pretty fast. I have two of the three colors and I think I have the third as well. If not, that should be fairly easy to get some of the correct color.
Paw Patrol sweater should go fairly quickly as well. I have yarn for it, at least. Again, toddler size.
There's also a chance for a Hufflepup sweater for a large black lab. That one might be a bit late, not sure I can get it done by GiftMoose
Friends have been busy reproducing, so I have one baby hat, one baby sweater, and one baby pair of jeans planned. Due dates vary from Thanksgiving to late January, so I foresee some post GiftMoose knitting happening. There are a few other things I'd like to knit as well, but time might be an issue.
While in Scotland, I got some West Yorkshire Spinning Croft yarn to make an Aran sweater for the Weirder Half. That ought to be on the list as well, as he seemed pretty excited about it. That is scheduled for next year already and I am not expecting to be super fast.
A friend recently cleared out her stash by shipping it to me, so eventually, I shall need to make her a cardigan. But there's a lot of other yarn in the to-knit list right now. Because I would be shocked if a few socks didn't end up showing up between now and then.
And I have a lot of sock yarn to make into garter bias squares for a leftovers blanket...
No comments:
Post a Comment