Monday, October 5, 2020

I've got a bad feeling about this*

 We're gonna need a bigger hat.  I think.


I followed instructions for the adult sized hat.  I thing I got gauge-ish.  (No, I didn't swatch.  It is a hat.  Hats are swatches in and of themselves.)

But this seems to be about the right size for a toddler and not an adult. It kinda sorta can be shoved onto my giant head, but it doesn't stay - it pops back off.

I am also not super pleased with my floats.  They need to be loser, I think.  The stretches of 7+ stitches is not helpful.

So, while I think 11pm is a little late to start a second hat... I think I will wind yarn tomorrow to be able to hold two strands double for the hat.  And maybe only go up one needle size.  This fabric seems a little looser than I'd like. 

I am also debating knitting a double-knit hat.  But I am not sure how I feel about a black stormtrooper helmet.  Would it look weird?

Digging through other project notes, I've knit a sock-yarn hat that fits my giant head with only 4 more stitches.  And I used a size 2 needle for that - not a size 4.  So floats are definitely an issue, me thinks. 

I also think it is too short.  So a few more rounds of plain between the colorwork sections, and maybe a second repeat of small spaceships above the stormtroopers?

*Han Solo, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment