The Specs:
Pattern: None
Yarn: Regia 4-Ply Color, sock yarn that is 75% wool and 25% nylon
Color: 03655, Fall, dyelot 188
Amount: 1.52 skeins, 349.6 yards, 76.95 grams
Size: Women's 8.5/8
Needles: US 0 - 2.0mm, Kollage square DPNs.
For: GiftMoose 2020
Start to Finish: 02Sep2020 to 09Sep2020
Notes: I have not knit with DPNs for a while. I forgot how I can't have a hairband on my wrist because the DPNs will hit it.
Standard sock pattern for me - toe-up, cast on 6 stitches with JMCO, increase 6 stitches every other round til big enough. In this case, big enough was 66 stitches. Plain stockinette foot, short row with shadow wrap heel over 33 stitches, 22 of them wrapped. K4P2 ribbing on the legs, JSSBO at the cuff.
Since these were self-striping, I went to my normal lengths to make sure they matched as much as possible.
I was pretty much exactly spot on. I had recorded in my notes that I was 2 stitches into the start of the round where I increased to a total of 24 stitches when the red started on the first sock and the same thing happened on the second. I also started the heel when I finished the blue stripe just before the heel, regardless of where I was in reference to the toe. Same for the bind-off - I finished the black and started with the two stripe white section. This confirmed that JSSBO takes about two rounds worth of yarn, which is not a huge surprise.
Regia is not the softest yarn, but I have found that it tends to wear very well, so I don't expect these socks to require mending any time soon. I am slightly concerned about fit, but I think they will be alright. I can get them on my feet, even if they are smidge too small for me and I don't find the cuffs super tight. I often don't wash socks before giving them to their intended recipient, but I like to wash Regia (and Opal) socks with a bit of hair conditioner to soften them up a little bit.
This is the last Required pair of GiftMoose socks. I might make one or two more pairs, just because it is September and I have some measure of time.




No comments:
Post a Comment