After trolling Raverly, I sent a message to a nice person who had used Opal's 4-Ply Uni Solid in color 1263. She was so very kind to mail me her remaining yarn, with which I have started the third sock. I am fairly certain that I will have enough yarn to finish this sock, and I am thrilled to be knitting these again.
Of course, I also have no idea what size needles I was using before, so I had to guess. I also attempted to cast on in a moving car in the dark. Actually, the casting-on part was the easy part. The hard part was the second patter row, working into yarn overs located right before and after a purl section. That I attempted while sitting at a bar, drinking a very yummy margarita. I think the fifth time was the charm.
I am currently kicking myself for not blogging these socks more. Just think of the trouble I could have saved if I had noted the size needles! Or you know, never have lost the sock at all.
But at this point, that seems like wishful thinking.
And because I uploaded them for perhaps no reason, please accept the following photographs:
The loveseat that my father took off the hands of a friend after said friend's mother died. We have two other loveseats in the house. He also accepted a matching couch. I am trying to convince him to buy a slipcover.
My current favorite new member of the household. Meet Scooba. He happily does kitchen floors so I don't have to. Well, minus the whole ripping out old floor, replacing with new titles two days before Christmas bit. Even after all that, I still love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment