About time I finished this project....
The Specs:
Pattern: Branching Out from knitty.com. No known mods - I think I messed up the first five rows of garter stitch, but that doesn't count.
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, 65% wool, 35% silk. 192 yards/50g ball. I think I used all but half a yard or so.
Colors: That's a very good question... I can't find the label, but I think it was sandstone or oatmeal or something of that nature.
Needles: US size 8, 14" metal straights from Boye. By the end - after I knit some many pairs of socks, I found the needles too long to be comfortable. Or make it was the limited width of the project for the needle length.
Start to Finish: Um, started some time back in 2006, I think around the beginning of April. I cast off on 6/3/07, so one year and two months for a very simple lace scarf.
For: Again, a very good question. I HAVE NO IDEA. Any suggestions?
Notes: Lace is fun, chart reading is a lot easier than it was when I first started this project. Now I really want to try my hand at a shawl but I know I would never wear it. Lace is a lot easier than it looks and pointy needles are the best thing in the whole world for lace.
for...
ReplyDeleteME!
BWAHAHAHA!
seriously. it's so pretty! I tried this pattern with an alpaca superfine that had mohair-like fuzzies on it. Damn stuff snarled and tangled like nobody's business, so after the nth time attempting to tink or frog back to fix a mistake, I gave up in disgust. I need a smoother yarn for it, I think.
Very nice - I haven't tried this pattern, but yours is so pretty I think I should!
ReplyDelete