Saturday, August 1, 2009

We Are Nowhere and It's Now*

Huh.  Imagine that.  Dead silence for a few months.  Like that's never happened around here before.

The universe has a cruel sense of humor and timing.  But hey, new friends are always a good thing ... and new friends who give excellent hugs are even better.


At the Getty, in LA. Drinking wine and enjoying awesome weather and better company.

I finally got new sneakers.

I've been running 3-4 days a week.  Up to about 2.5 miles.  I really love it.  I'm hoping to continue this in PA, and have scouted out a few running groups, races, and trails.

While Mom was out here, we went to a local cemetery.  There were some beautiful old stones.

I move back to PA on August 11th.  That is very soon.

I don't want to leave IL, but I also do not want to not be in PA.  Why hasn't a personal tele-porter been invented  yet?


 The Getty has some beautiful grounds; I enjoyed them more than the art inside.

I am getting really excited for the coming football season.  I might even drive back out to IL for the PSU/UIUC game.

Yes, I am insane.


 CPaAG has some of the nicest, most caring, and thoughtful people around. RAWR!

The idea of being done with school at least for a few years is finally starting to sink in.  What is life like without homework?  Or papers?  And with free time to read for pleasure?

However, with two part time jobs and a volunteer position at the Holocaust Museum in Philly, I might not have that much free time.


 I don't think I spent nearly enough time in Chicago.  Guess I'll have to come back.


Summer went by very, very fast.  Almost too fast?  At least, these last few weeks have been too fast.

I went to Chicago, I went to LA.  Lei came to visit, Phil came to visit.  Mom came to visit.  I spent very few weekends at home.


Rusty colicked and had to be put down on Thursday, May 28th, 2009.  He was 33.

I did get to say goodbye to the old man.

*Bright Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment