Sunday, December 9, 2007

Finished Object: Bayerische Socks

(we will ignore my unmade bed, my blindingly white legs, and the horrible light.)

The Specs:
Pattern: Bayerische by Eunny Jang.
Yarn: ZwegerGarn, Opal. Yum.
Color: Number 62 - a brown with a orange hint to it. I hate it, my sister loves it.
Needles: Plymouth Bamboo DPNs, US Size 2.
Start to Finish: January 2007 to November 2007. I forget exact dates.
(seriously, I have spent all daylight hours for the last three days in the back of an auditorium. Where lights were off or blue.)
For: My sister. Which is why its a good thing she likes the color.
Notes: Love. Much, much love. Charts are easy to follow (and eventually, memorize). They really didn't take THAT long to knit - I knit the first one in about 3 months, the second in less. They just spent a lot of time waiting around, just hoping to be loved. They look a thousand times better when worn. I made two mistakes - both on the first sock. But, my sister doesn't care and odds are, will never be able to find them again.

I want to knit a pair for myself, but I don't think I'd ever manage to actually FINISH them. Le sigh.


In Other News :

This is my to-do list for the week. Apparently, I plan on writing three papers, studying for a final, going to the barn four-five times this week, and getting a hair cut. Also, watching TV.





Sunday will be the fun day, as the first of the papers is due on Monday, December 17th.



After that? Two papers due Wednesday and a final scheduled for 8am Friday, December 17th. I am hoping and praying that they will let me take the final earlier. Tuesday sounds like a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment