Saturday, July 28, 2007

Just checking in

Wednesday morning, my hard drive crashed.

This afternoon, my new hard drive arrived.  After some difficulty what with pieces not seeming to be the correct size and shape, I figured it out and installed the new hard drive.  And reinstalled Windows.  And then updated my graphics driver so that I could actually use ALL of my screen, rather than a 5x8" section in the middle.  And installed a bunch of other things, like my web browser of choice (Opera) and other programs, such as virus protection and sypware detection and so forth.

And now I have to attempt to remember all my bookmarked websites.  However, there was a reason I bookmarked them - so I wouldn't have to remember them.

Funny how that works.

But that would explain the lack of posting and the lack of pictures - I haven't installed all the stuff for my camera yet.  Or ripped all my songs off my iPod.  Or any of the other thousand things one must do to set up a computer to their specifications.

Minus working a 7 hour shift tomorrow, leaving the barn at 7am for a horse show on Sunday (and taking a mostly white horse, meaning I'll be up and at the barn by 6am to bathe the horse), I should be up and running in now time.

And thanks for the comments on my last post.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, still have you bookmarked. I will be going with The Husband soon and I guess I should write down (with paper and pencil?!?!) all the blogs I've added this year so I can use his computer to check in.......Maybe a nap first....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison,

    This is Rachel your sockapalooza pal.

    I sent an e-card, mailed your palooza package on the 2nd. of August and today I got an update from the blue blog but that was it.
    Could you let me know if you liked your socks and if they fit?

    thanks

    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete