Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Free time = no blogging?

Hi Blog!

I know, I know - I suck at this whole updating thing. And it isn't even like I'm all that busy. I wake up whenever, get breakfast, make my bed, take care of little things around the apartment. For example, yesterday I ironed the sheets I put on my bed. (What? There was a wrinkle along all four edges of the flat sheet that would NOT wash out. It almost didn't IRON out with steam on the highest setting.) I read, I eat, I go to both the gym and the barn. Four days a week or so, I head to work for 3-4 hours. (I really need to find ANOTHER job.) Oh yeah - from time to time, I knit as well.

See? This is the sock that I started in the theater, watching previews before Knocked Up started. Great movie - I loved it. At first, I thought I had twisted my join and would have to start again, but I decided to just keep knitting cause it would be too distracting to do so during the movie.



I really like the top edge, with the little bit of white/black bit:


I might give them to my sister, as I finished her first sock and cast on the second one and haven't touched it since. Just not quite feeling the Bayerische love these days.

Yarn arrived in the mail yesterday!


One skein Lorna's Laces in Hawaii for me (I'll be able to make a decent pair of anklets out of it) and two skeins in BlackWatch for my sock pal! Now, I just need my copy of Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave to pick a pattern. Something interesting and beautiful, but not lacy. Any suggestions?

And I'll leave you with a bonus image of BranchingOut blocking on my bed. I need to post the finished object entry so y'all can see how pretty it turned out. One of these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment