Thursday, April 19, 2007

Random Thursday


  • I'm fairly certain I have a job for the summer.  Training shall happen between now and the end of finals week, at which she'll decide if we get to stay.  Even if I hate the job, I'm planning on staying because I am lazy and don't feel like attempting to find another job.
  • I have an interview for a paid internship at the library during Finals Week.  I am one of two people being interviewed and one of the interviewers taught my archival management class last semester.  I'm feeling like my odds are fairly good.
  • I recently found out about a scholarship for Libral Arts majors, focusing on Jewish Studies and the study of the Holocaust in particular.  The requirements pretty much fit me exactly.  My GPA (a 3.75) might be a problem.  Yes, I feel that a 3.75 is "low."  I want to graduate with a 3.8.  To do so, I need to get a 4.0 for three semesters running.
  • My lesson today rocked.  Jumping BIG fences is fun!  Jumping in and out of the ring and running around like an idiot is even more fun.  I am so very much looking forward to the summer at this barn.  I will, of course, miss every one from the barn at home like crazy, but living with my father and siser will drive me crazy.
  • I have started two of the five papers due next week.  Clearly, I'm right on top of things.
Knitting Randomness:
  • I finished a sock!  The first of my waffleweave socks is finished, ends weaved in and everything.  Start to finish, that sock took 2 weeks, 3 days - not bad for a college student who only knit the sock while reading Paradise Lost, Mr. Sammler's Planet, Of No Interest To the Nation, and while watching The Lives of Others.  It took me forever to figure out the math for the toe decreases, as I wanted a garter stitch toe but did not want to do my normal short row toe.  
  • Blaze is slowly moving along.  I ended up having to rib out another two rows when I realized I had moved cables in the wrong direction for no real reason.  That being said, I think I only have 1.5 repeats left to knit.  At that point, I might add another repeat as I want to be able to wear a bra with this sweater and no have bra straps showing.  Broad shoulders can be a bitch.
  • I found a lace pattern for the cardigan I want to knit for myself.  Now I need to find the yarn.  I really think I might end up knitting this one on size two or three needles, since I think I will like it better then - assuming I ever finish it.  I have hopes of wearing it to work over the summer.  Like, the end of August.  Maybe size 4 needles.  I need to sketch it out, figure out where the lace parts shall end and solid parts - useful for the whole seaming issue - will start.
  • I skipped Hist 409Y this week, so no work on my sister's socks.  I'm going to finish the waffleweave socks, mail them and the pawprint socks to my mother, and then finish my sister's socks.  Then, and only then, will I cast on my Claudia's Handpainted Yarn.  That's some serious motivation.
  • You are not allowed to hold me to that later, when I cast on Claudia's yarn and ignore my sister's sock.

1 comment:

  1. If you are interested, there will be a speaker in Altoona on April 29 at Temple Beth Israel. She will be speaking on everything you ever wanted to know about Islam. The lecture won't start until 2. She may be speaking at Penn State but I am not sure. Drop a note if you are interested and need a ride.
    Good luck with the job settlements.

    ReplyDelete