Monday, April 30, 2007

Almost a Finished Object

I cast off Blaze yesterday!!!!

However... It is not quite yet an FO. The top... it has problems. Such as, it doesn't stay quite where it belongs. See?


(You have no idea how hard I was laughing during that shot. Nothing like taking a good look at your own cleavage.)

There is also this problem:

I can't go any higher with the knitting, but I really don't quite like that. I COULD rip back my cast-off and the neck shaping and the last pattern repeat and throw a few decreases in here and there and hope that would keep it where it belongs.

However, what I think I'm going to do is run a small strand of elastic around the inside edge. Also, blocking might help a bit.

Other than the neckline problem, Blaze is looking awesome:

The back view...

The side view...

And the front, not-yet-floppy, view...


Now, I just need to find the time to run to Walmart or Michael's and find elastic to finish it off. And weave in all the ends. And block it, maybe? Blocking requires waiting for it to dry, and we all know I'm not so very good with the waiting. Also, I have no where to STORE it while it is drying. YAY small apartments.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job on Blaze. Check out samurai knitter dot blogspot dot com Somewhere in her archives is a good tutorial on washing sweaters. She contends that you only wash and pat out a sweater, you block lace by stretching it to near death. She also has good insturctions for washing the sweater and swears that it only takes an hour to dry if you use her method.
    PS the speaker wasn't that good. Nice lady but a strong accent and lousy audio equipment.

    ReplyDelete