Sunday, February 11, 2007

Signs of life

I'm alive. No, really. And now it looks like I might even be alive for a while longer.

I'm still coughing and hacking up nasty stuff, but much less often than before. And the sore throat has retreated enough that I'm off enough drugs to be able to go out for a friend's 21st birthday and not die if I forget and have a drink.

That being said, being sick has been good for the knitting. See?
I suppose knitting in class also helps... I need to finish a repeat and a half of the pattern, then start the sleeves. I'm not in a hurry, because I can't seem to find a set of US 6 DPNs. A friend has a set of 5s that I can borrow for the cuffs and might have a set of 6s. I don't want to tie up her DPNs for the length of time I'd be knitting two sleeves, so I attempted to purchase a set for myself. Wal-Mart and Michael's were both a bust. I could drive to the LYS, but they don't have cheap needles and I'm a broke college student. However, I am in a hurry cause I want to wear the thing while it is still winter.

I also finally got around to starting the other paw-print sock:
I wasn't quite able to perfectly match up the color repeats, but all in all, it is looking pretty good. And it only took me 4 tries to manage Judy's Magic Cast-On, rather than the 6 for the first sock. I do think, however, that these will be my last pair of toe-up socks. I hate attempting to START the sock and I hate FINISHING the sock. So I put those off and that tends to mean that I don't have socks. And that's just not the whole point.


And while watching a movie last night (Serenity, the movie based off of FireFly), I managed 5 rounds of Bayerische socks.
They aren't looking as clean and crisp as Eunny's but that's ok. Blocking shall solve the problem!

Wishful thinking, much?

3 comments:

  1. So, drive to Altoona. Even if I don't have size 6 DPNs we have at least two extra yarn shops.
    Glad to hear you are feeling better. Some days I'm up and then I think maybe I did too much. In fact, must go to bed so I can be up for school tomorrow. Sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that bad boyfriend in CA? Would use any drug he could get his hands on. The day he gave his 2 year old weed just to see how funny he acted was the day I swore off anything but booze. And not much of that, in general I don't like the taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me Again! The Yarn Harlot is coming to Pittsburgh (well, New York, too, but that's in the middle of the week) March 31. I smell a road trip!!

    ReplyDelete