Sunday, February 25, 2007

Procrastination, how I love thee

I'm currently at the top of page 4 of a 5 page paper. So I need to come up with another 1.5 pages or so. Clearly it is time for a blog posting.

I spent very little time knitting this weekend, as I'm working next weekend and needed to get ahead to be able to finish everything on time. However, two three-hour-long classes really adds to the knitting time. Reading Milton's Paradise Lost also really helps.

I've been knitting Bayerische during Hist 409Y:

Six inch DPN included for scale

A close up of the pattern:

the actual color is somewhere between the two. For some reason,
this color is very hard to capture with my camera in artificial light.


And Blaze during Eng 497C and watching movies for Fr 497B:


That's actually the third attempt at Blaze. I didn't like how the pattern incorporated the increased stitches - purled until all were added, then a new zig-zag just started up - so I started those stitches in pattern a little early. Given that this will be the bottom of the sleeve, I don't think it will make much of a difference, but I like it. I'm really hoping the sleeves won't take too long, but I'm not holding my breath.



And when I remember, I've been working on the second PawPrint sock while reading Milton at my desk. So far, not too bad. I've finished the toe and have just started the majority of the foot portion, pattern included.



Other than the fact that I could be found at 10pm both Friday and Saturday still doing homework, the weekend was good. I managed to get a decent amount of work done, minus this paper that I have no desire to actually work on, minus the fact that I could then go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. i love the way the ribbing works into the cables on Bayersich. Oops1 Gotta get to the Dr's office to pick up some paperwork (which was supposed to be faxed, but incompetence raises its head.....). Good luck with the paper. I am trying to talk the husband into driving all my blog buddies from central PA to Pitts for The Harlot. He wouldn't mind, but he's shy and doesn't want to risk being in a hotel room with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work so far - it's weird how that colour turned out in the photos though.

    I think I'm procrastinating myself right now. I really should be reading.

    ReplyDelete