Monday, February 19, 2007

Brought to you by the letter Z

THON was this weekend - over $5.2 million raised for kids with cancer. A couple of us stopped by Saturday night/Sunday morning to see Urmila and populate the stands at 1:30-3:00am. I would have left earlier, but I wanted to see a line dance and they just weren't producing. I think I'll forgive them though.

Other than that, I've started a sleeve for Blaze:



Not really liking the DPNs as they seem really short at only 5" long. And also, this yarn is fuzzy. The wood is smooth, but the yarn still sticks. The cable pattern also makes it a bit difficult, since you have to divide up stitches weirdly to keep from having to cross stitches over two needles. But, dude! Sleeves! That means I'm close. And also, this is going so much faster with only 72 stitches, NOT 210. It is kinda like a sock, since socks suddenly feel like they are FLYING.

And have been knitting away on my sister's scarf:



The thing is about 5 feet long now. She's about 5'2" so I think I might just keep knitting until I run out of yarn or have a total of 58 or 60 pattern repeats. However, that shouldn't take too much longer. The scarf has become my TV knitting, which means that I might finish it tomorrow, what with Gilmore girls and House, M.D.

Other than that, just homework and snow. I had class last Wednesday, when everyone else had a snow day. True, I only had 1.5 hours worth of a 3 hour class on a day I normally spend 5 hours in class. But that's totally not the point.

Saw Five Women Wearing the Same Dress this weekend and loved it. Three of the actors were in the troupe last year for Theatre 100 and it was nice to see them again, in roles that they seemed to really enjoy. The playwright also wrote Six Feet Under and American Beauty, so you know it should be good.

Finals schedule was posted - I have 5 finals scheduled. I'm pretty sure that I only have to show up and take 2 of them, the others will all be papers and/or take home exams. I'm trying to decide if I'd rather have exams or papers. Ask me again at the end of the semester. I'll be here at least til Friday, though, as I'm only done at 8:40PM on Thursday. I think I'm going to watch TheBoy graduate as well, so odds are that I'll stick around til Sunday or later as well.


I've been on a major actually-COOKING-food kick lately. I had broiled salmon with garlic and potatoes sauteed in Italian salad dressing the other night; Sausage sauteed with pepper, cucumber, celery, and garlic with cheesy rice as a side tonight. Stromboli, garlic lemon butter chicken stir-fry, and potato boats are planned for the week.

As I've spent the entire day trying to NOT pass out and failing pretty badly, I think I'm going to go curl up in bed with a book for class and see how long I last. Since I actually want to go to bed early, I bet I'll last a while. Body, I hate you some days.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm! Sounds like good cooking. How about chicken in wine sauce? We try to serve it over rice because that soaks up the saucy goodness.
    I'm hoping The Husband will be driving to Pitts on the 31. I"m asking for the trip as a b-day present and hope we can get it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete