Thursday, January 11, 2007

Picture Post!

My father has currently stolen my camera, so you'll have to make do with some old shots:

We were on our way back from Ikea (LOVE IKEA) and I had my camera since we'd spent a large part of the day at the Brandywine River Museum (which is really an art museum.. I know. It makes no sense.) and I discovered that if you leave the shutter open for a bit and swirl the camera, the available lights also swirl. See?

New Year's Eve. My father discovered that why, yes, he is getting old, when 10 minutes of the following tired him out and made him wonder if he'd have a heart attack. Oddly enough, EVERYONE was playing with balloons in some fashion or another that evening. 
Do you have any idea how hard it is to capture an action shot
when there is no where near enough light and the flash won't
reach that far and also, you don't want them to know you're
taking pictures? You get fuzzy pictures. But that's ok, we'll
just say we're trying to protect the innocent (heh) this way.

You're not allowed to take pictures in the majority of the Brandywine River Museum. However, there were no signs telling me that, so I took pictures. And when I was told otherwise, they didn't make me delete my pictures. So we have this lovely lady, who I think was once a member of the Du pont family. She makes me giggle and I'm not really sure why.

The Christmas Bush. While you can't see top or bottom, there was no way to get far enough from the tree and get top, bottom, and sides in the picture. The thing was that wide. However, it had character and also, sparkly lights and piles of gifts underneath. Didn't have a very strong scent, however, and that is totally the reason to have a real tree.



In other news, I finished the 8 rounds of p4, k2 ribbing on size 5 needles for Blaze and now need to get my mitts on a pair of size 6 circs, either 24" or 29". I'm thinking 24". We'll see what I have at school - I may already have a pair. YAY!

And I dyed the sock yarn from KnitPicks this afternoon. I didn't wear gloves cause I'm a rebel that way and now my fingertips are rather pinkish. It makes me laugh. The yarn is currently drying in the bathtub and I keep looking at it and going oooooo... ah...... I'm quite pleased with the colors - pink lemonade, tropical punch, and cherry, so it is various shades of reds and pinks and a little bit of the natural white. I'm fairly certain that I didn't dye it exactly as one is supposed to, but the yarn didn't bleed at all when I checked if after microwaving it. So, it seems to be ok. And I'm fairly certain that it'd be hard to felt superwash merino, so I think I'm ok.

And now, it is off to the barn to help out one last day, give Lexi back her copy of Grey's, and see if Lex and Lex want any of my old dresses. Yay?

No comments:

Post a Comment