Sunday, January 14, 2007

Finished Object: Ryan's Chullo!



The Specs:
Pattern: Cross-Country, by Anne Featonby (from Knitty)
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease, worsted weight, two skeins
Colors: One skein Blue Heather, one skein Pastel Yellow
Needles: size 2 dpns, size 2 circs, and Addis Turbos that are labled size 2 but aren't actually a US size 2
Start to Finish: Started on 10/30/06, finished on 01/10/07
For: My roommate, Ryan

Notes: This was my first attempt at a hat and two-stranded, color knitting. The top turned out a bit wonky, I think because my gauge was a little too tight for the yarn. However, the Addis really helped loosen up the fabric, making it drap a lot more. Ryan loves it, I'm pleased, and I definitely learned a thing or two from this one.

For one, I like dpns better than circulars, and knitting in the round better than knitting flat. For two, I like knitting for other people. For three, that I can create my own patterns! See:


And here's a shot of the awesome tassel:

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Congrats on a job well done.

    ReplyDelete