Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Clearly, I blog when I am avoiding going to bed as well.

Clearly, I am not always completely right in the head. I blame large amounts of Victorian Lit.

So, socks for Tina:


They are coming along, slowly but surely.

This side of the heel turned out very nicely, matched the stripes up and all. (And I did that by accident. There's no way I could have planned that, minus counting how many stitches each stripe tends to take place over, figuring how much yarn is used in a wrap and turn and then calculating how many stitches I could knit with each color to make the stripes run. But that, my friend, would take WAY too much work and effort and math.

That's a rather difficult section of sock to photograph clearly - the sock did not want to lay flat. I think I messed up the proportions of a short row heel, so yeah. Is there a formula for that? I'm sure there is.

And then... this side, not so much with the matchy-matchy. Personally, I'm at the point where I don't care. And also, they will be on her feet. In shoes. And if people are staring at her heels THAT closely, maybe they have other issues? Like a foot fetish?


And the Lorna's Laces:

1 comment:

  1. I think the formula for the short rows goes something like "knit across two thirds of the heel stitches, slip one stitch, knit one stiich, pass slipped stitch over, turn and purl half of the stitches on the needle(or one third of the stitches from the heel) and purl two together, turn. Repeat making the last stitch the one you slip or purl with a "new" stitch. Love the colors. Is that a Lion brand yarn?

    ReplyDelete