Friday, January 20, 2006

100 Things

1.  I can only wink with my right eye.

2.  I can only snap with my left hand.

3.  I have worn glasses and/or contacts since I was 4 years old.

4.  I started gymnastics when I was two years old.

5.  I quit gymnastics when I was 11 to focus on horse back riding.

6.  I have been riding since I was nine.

7.  I love to read.

8.  When I was little, I'd get in trouble for reading in the car in the dark.  I'd use the light from the headlights of the car behind us.

9.  I also used to stay up late to read. Often under the covers with a flashlight, so I wouldn't get in trouble.

10.  I have one sibling, who is 6.5 years old than I am.

11.  In high school, I was part of marching band and the musical.

12.  I played clarinet for two years in marching band.

13.  Then I switched to color guard for my last two years.

14.  Both times I tried out, I was the second to last person on the list. The list was posted by scores, highest to lowest.

15.  Senior year, I was on cough drugs during tryouts and standing was an issue.

16.  I love long car trips. But only when I'm driving by myself.

17.  I collect glass bottles.

18.  If you looked around my room, you'd think I was an alcoholic by the number of alcohol bottles.

19.  I am a beer snob.

20.  I also really like tequila. Without salt or lime.

21.  I learned to type by playing muds - multi player, text-based games, typically with an element of Dungeons and Dragons.  No graphics, just text.

22.  I am a horrible speller. MUDS kinda helped with that.

23.  In third grade, I was the only person on the level 5 spelling list. No one was on level 4, and only two on level 3.

24.  After my 5th day of kindergarten, I returned home and told my mother I was never going back.

25.  I did the same thing in first grade.

26.  I didn't want to go back because they wouldn't teach me how to read yet.

27.  When I finally did learn to read, I told my mother "I don't need you. I can read to myself" when she came up to read me a bedtime story.

28.  I hate reading out loud in a group.

29.  Whenever I compete at a horse show, I either sing or hum "Jingle Bells" to myself.

30.  I learned to cross-stitch in 5th grade.

31.  My family did not have cable TV til I was a senior in high school.

32.  I grew up watching tv on a black and white television.

33.  In middle school, I'd watch 20/20 every Friday night.

34.  I didn't get out of the house very often back then.

35.  I still don't always get out of the house that often now.

36.  I love photography, but regularly forget to take my camera with me.

37.  For a graduation present, I was given a two week trip to Europe.

38.  My dad and I visited Crakow, Prague, Vienna, and Budapest.

39.  I did not really like Vienna.

40.  I refuse to give a present to a friend just because it is their birthday or Christmas. They'll get a gift when I find the right one.

41.  I work best under pressure.

42.  I have always had a cat.

43.  I like my meat on the rare side. "Crippled and beaten past the fire," we call it.

44.  I buy the majority of my clothing at Good Will.

45.  I have known my best friend since Kindergarten

46.  Yet, we have no idea how, exactly, we met.

47.  I learned how to shoot a rifle in college. It was probably a little TOO much fun.

48.  I love to cook, but hate cooking just for myself. Because then I have to clean up, too.

49.  I love to have my hair played with, brushed, shampooed...

50.  Since 4th grade, I have had at least one peanut butter sandwich a week, if not five.

51.  I don't like jam or jelly on my peanut butter sandwiches. Or cheese.

52.  I love tomatoes. And cheese. With basil and olive oil.

53.  I have been 5'6" since 6th grade.

54.  Jeans have to be the most comfortable pair of pants on the planet.

55.  I try very hard to never end a sentence with a preposition.

56.  I drink a beer every time I sit down to write a paper.

57.  I rarely write papers on campus.

58.  For a reason I can't figure out, I don't like wine. But I think it has to do with my dislike of grape juice.

59.  As a baby, I once slept only 30 minutes a day for ten days straight. I'm surprised I am still alive.

60.  I love camping and fishing and being outside and getting dirty.

61.  I also love really good food, the ballet, and Dali.

62.  I am always cold. Friends call me Grandma as a result.

63.  I drive a station wagon. More importantly, I decided I wanted to drive a station wagon.

64.  For a very long time, I hated the taste of toothpaste.

65.  I do not like Chinese food.

66.  I hate ketchup and think it is an evil thing, plotting to take over the world.

67.  I love seafood.

68.  I have food issues.

69.  Patience is not my strong suit.

70.  However, I am a very determined person.

71.  In high school, I took AP calc so I wouldn't be bored.

72.  I was not bored that year. But I ended up really liking calc.

73.  I love puns. The worse the pun, the more I like it.

74.  I love to run.

75.  I almost always have a game of solitaire or free cell open. So I have something to do when I wait for pages to load.

76.  I love the smell of clean laundry.

77.  I want a pickup truck. And a pony.

78.  I do not find humor such as Reno 911 amusing.

79.  Eddie Izzard, however, is hystrical.

80.  I think I might be thirty before I own a horse.

81.  During all breaks, I get up at 7:30am and go to the barn to help out for the day.

82.  I do best on 7 hours of sleep. Everything else messes my sleep cycle up.

83.  I am addicted to Dr. Pepper.

84.  I make my bed every day.

85.  I badly sprained my ankle in high school, during gym class. It was first period on a Monday morning and we couldn't get ahold of my parents. Eventually, I asked if I could go to class cause I was bored of the nurse's office.

86.  I have driven a stick shift for the last 5 years and get confused when I have to drive an auto.

87.  I hate orange juice with pulp.

88.  I don't turn on the TV unless I know there is something I want to watch. I'll check TVguide when I'm bored.

89.  I continued knitting because it gave me something to do while reading for class.

90.  I use Opera as my web browser and have since I was a sophomore in high school. It had ads back then, but was a thousand times better than IE. In fact, it still is.

91.  Match Game was the best game show ever. Bad 70s style clothing and hair included.

92.  I almost never wear makeup.

93.  I live in jeans, a fitted t-shirt, and a hoody. In the summer, I wear shorts and a tank top or t-shirt.

94.  Even though I knit, and knit mostly socks, I have to do laundry when I run out of socks. I'll still have underwear, bras, pants, and shirts, but I always run out of socks.

95.  I have a Pentax K1000 film camera. I love it, but miss working in the darkroom.

96.  I currently own 17 pairs of shoes. 5 of those shoes I wear only to the barn.

97.  I have a tendency to pick expensive hobbies - Riding, photography, knitting..

98.  My favorite/lucky number is 8.

99.  I research just about every random question that pops into my head.

100.  I am a very fast reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment